National Grid can now send personalized power outage alerts by text, email, or even phone calls for the following events:
- when we detect a power outage at your property
- when we have estimates or updates on how long it will take for power to be restored
- when you want weather warnings for your neighborhood
We have 3 ways to enroll:
- For a quick, easy way to enroll, simply text REG (for “register”) to 64743 (Please have your ten digit account number ready to register).
- Call us at 1-800-322-3223 and let us know how you prefer to be contacted during storms and outages, and we’ll be in touch when necessary.
- If you already have an online account established (using an e/m address and password), click on the green link in the infographic below to set your notification preferences. **If you do not have an online account, you can register for one.**
If you sign up to receive our text alerts, you can also text us to report outages or check on the progress of your restoration. **Only active electric accounts can enroll in power outage alerts.**
To start texting with us, use any of the below commands:
- Text REG to 64743 to sign up for text alerts.
- Text OUT to 64743 to report an outage.
- Text SUM to 64743 followed by your town, county, or state to get a summary of outages in your area. For example, if you live in Beverly, text “SUM Beverly” to 64743. **You do not need to be registered for text alerts to utilize this function.**
- You can also text HELP to 64743 for the full list of commands.